What are your candles made out of?
Our Candles are made out of 100% natural soy wax. We believe this is the best product to use when creating our products as it is a completely organic wax made from natural by-product of the soy bean which is a natural, renewable source grown in many regions by organic farmers.
Pure soy wax provides a cleaner burn as it doesn’t contain paraffin waxes which are extracts of petroleum and are derived from petrochemicals.
How do I care for my candles?
For the best candle burning experience, we recommend that you follow these instructions.
- Burn your candle for at least 2 hours or until the wax is melted all the way to the glass to prevent an uneven burn, and to imprint the candle memory.
- Keep the wick trimmed to 1/4 inch to ensure that your candle is burning gently; your candle will burn quicker and smoke if the wick is too long and will not burn as well if the wick is too short.
- Allow the candle to cool before relighting, and before cutting the ball at the end of the wick.
- You may notice a 'mushrooming' on your wick, regular trimming will prevent this.
- Keep candles away from sunlight and heat sources - candles will lose their scent and may discolour when placed in direct sunlight. When burning many candles together, place them apart to prevent uneven burning.
- Keep the burn pool clean; you may wash soy candles gently in cool water - make sure it is air dry before use.
- Never burn your candle for longer than 4 hours to avoid a larger flame.
- If the candle is creating an uneven burn, simply adjust the wick to the centre of the container or the side that needs more heat.
- Simply wipe the black that may occur inside the jar, if any, with damp cloth
- Do not leave your candles unattended and placed away from draft, children and pets and always place candles on a heat-resistant base and set on a level stable surface.
- Note it is normal in soy wax for the shade to change in colour and develop a dusty looking layer overtime.
- Cleaning your candle after it’s finished is easy! Simply use hot water and wipe out the remaining wax. Or, place in the freezer for 20 minutes, the wax will pop out. Please dispose of wax in the bin, not down the drain. Reuse the container for plant cuttings, make up brush holder, or tooth brush holder!
- remember to remove packaging before melting and only use in an wax Melter/tea light warmer
- leftover wax can always be used on a Wax Melter
Please note that when you first get your soy candle it will have a lovely smooth and creamy surface.
After burning your candle the surface may not look as smooth and this is due to soy wax being 100% natural and solidifying at an inconsistent rate this can not be controlled. The candle could also set some what different each time. This is a common feature of 100% soy wax and does not affect the quality or performance of your candle.
Frosting is also a natural occurrence with Soy Wax and occurs when the wax tries to return back to its normal state after melting. This sign that it is 100% soy wax meaning sometimes frosting or discolouration in the wax may occur before and after burning. This is normal and will not affect the ability of your candle.
You may find in warmer climates that your candle will ‘sweat’ or wax bubbles and sinkholes may form - however, this will not affect the performance of your candle. To help minimise this happening, please avoid leaving them in direct sunlight or heated rooms.
There are also a lot of benefits of buying and using 100% soy wax products.
Soy wax is great for the environment as it is made from environmentally friendly and renewable sources. Soy wax burns a lot cleaner and longer than other unnatural waxes.